Friday, April 18, 2008

A whole new look...

I read some very interesting blogs by folks who have much going on in their lives. I live a simple existence without much "news" on a daily basis. That being said, it just doesn't leave much to blog about.

My days are very similar to the movie "Groundhog Day" - kind of get up and it is the same old same old.

I would like to ask a question though. What the heck is it with me and "tradespeople"???? (scroll back about the great microwave fiasco).

Well, our new front door that we ordered back in OCTOBER (yes, about 6 months ago) has finally been installed rivaling the microwave installation debacle. But, instead of ranting and raving and spewing like a lunatic which I've done already, I'm taking the path of less resistance and am just posting these 2 pictures.


There is SUPPOSED to be a "storm" door in this picture - but said contractor didn't get to it "that" day...

From the inside:



I am quite amazed at how much light in allows in, yet you cannot see thru the leaded glass - it actually has like an 85% privacy rating! I am excited. Except, now I have to deal with ANOTHER tradesman to do the staining/varnishing etc.. all of the new trim work. I'm not good at that type of stuff - ya think I would be with a tradesman for a Dad... Am NOT looking forward to that step!

No comments: